Re: [opensuse-factory] mdadm being very persistent
On 2013-11-07 09:18 (GMT+0100) Per Jessen composed:

I guess mdadm is a pretty critical component :-), but do I really need
to rename the binary to prevent it being started?

Maybe blacklist it out of initrd to keep it from loading. Locking it out should allow use of a RAID mirror disk as a regular disk, in case you ever need that. :-p

If mkinitrd made your initrd you might try a switch to dracut, which I hear defaults to a hostonly option that leaves unneeded components out.

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/