Re: [opensuse-factory] mdadm being very persistent
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2013 09:18:17 +0100
Per Jessen wrote:

I've just upgraded a box running 13.1M4 to RC2 - before I did so, I
noticed that mdadm was running, for some strange reason. So I stopped
and disabled it. After upgrading (zypper up), mdadm was back up and
running, despite:

# systemctl status mdadm.service
mdadm.service
Loaded: not-found (Reason: No such file or directory)
Active: inactive (dead)

I'll just deinstall it, but should it really be so persistent?

# zypper rm mdadm
Reading installed packages...
Resolving package dependencies...

The following packages are going to be REMOVED:
autoyast2-installation libstorage-ruby libstorage4 mdadm
patterns-openSUSE-minimal_base patterns-openSUSE-yast2_install_wf
yast2-add-on yast2-bootloader yast2-installation yast2-ldap-client
yast2-network yast2-storage yast2-update
yast2-users

14 packages to remove.
After the operation, 14.5 MiB will be freed.
Continue? [y/n/? shows all options] (y): n

I guess mdadm is a pretty critical component :-), but do I really need
to rename the binary to prevent it being started?

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (12.8°C)