Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: Testing many small file write on several filesystems
On 11/6/2013 5:50 AM, Claudio Freire wrote:
On Wed, Nov 6, 2013 at 4:16 AM, Linda Walsh <suse@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
So far you helping me show more bugs in plain text emails that I would have
guessed... fascinating...so maybe text emails are more of a security risk
than HTML, due to people's implicit belief that plaintext emails can't
contain
such problems so there is less checking?

Morale is, any input to any program can contain viruses. Some venues
are more likely/more exploited than others, and HTML has been
exploited way too much for you to claim it hasn't and still appear
knowledgeable.
----
Stop putting words in my mouth. My original statement
was "

HTML transports viruses as much as txt does.

Scripting is a different matter. "

So far all you have managed to prove is that plain-text mail
readers as many or more buffer overflows (that may or may not be
exploitable) than your average average HTML-only renderer built
into built into mail programs like Tbird.
(HTML-only renderer = no scripts, no fonts, no objects, etc).