Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: Testing many small file write on several filesystems
  • From: Claudio Freire <klaussfreire@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2013 15:39:46 -0200
On Wed, Nov 6, 2013 at 1:17 PM, Christian Boltz <opensuse@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
That's one of the reasons why I don't like HTML mails - there's an
additional risk level without any benefit.

The other reason is more practical - I want mails displayed in the font
_I_ like - not in a random font and (mis)design that the sender might
like, but is harder to read.

And the third is technical.

HTML mails must contain a plaintext version, attachment parts for
embedded font/images, etc. In general, they include an unholy amount
of bloat, only perpetuated by tools like incredimail that make it
compulsive and that are so very common.

That's probably the main reason mailing lists disallow html mails most
of the time.