Re: [opensuse-factory] Fwd: mozilla-nspr: declined by factory-auto

On Sunday 2013-09-29 15:49, Stephan Kulow wrote:
I know I can remove the full URL but this is a temporary thing. That
file is not yet available since upstream is very slow in publishing[...]
So do I need to remove the full path?

Yes that is better for now as long as OBS has this inside-out
hodge-podge verification system in place.

Signature checks are disabled on the server side where they should be
done instead of the user side, and URL checks are forced on the server
side when they should be tested in the user environment, because once we
have the set of files comprising tarball and signature, the availability
on unreliably-reachable networks does not matter.

How I love your useless rants! Keep them coming.
But as a matter of fact, factory-auto is a user and it only checks the
URL once. If the URL is not valid, don't write it in the spec file.

I said this because the factory-auto validator did at times reject
*valid* URLs that return (perhaps after following 3xx-type HTTP
return codes) a code 2xx.