Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: "What the udevmountd"

On Tuesday 2013-11-05 08:44, Stephan Kulow wrote:

It is [udevmountd] is obsolete as we've moved to systemd. Old udev
without systemd required it for mounting iSCSI devices; with the
move to systemd this is done automatically via systemd.

It was split from sysconfig and requires it to make the split have as
less impact as possible, but I guess the require can be dropped indeed.

Why was it split? It does not seem to have any big runtime dependencies.
Indeed me moved to systemd—why do we ship it in the first place?

Jan, can it happen you confuse sysconfig with sysvinit?

No. You say udevmountd is obsolete with systemd. Ok. Since openSUSE
does not support sysvinit anymore (or do we still for Linda?),
we could drop udevmountd too, unless you need it for SLE.