Re: [opensuse-factory] journalctl very slow
On Sunday 03 November 2013, Claudio Freire wrote:
On Sun, Nov 3, 2013 at 3:42 PM, Claudio Freire
<klaussfreire@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I suggest monitorion I/O with iostat to see what the issue is.
There should be a lot of read-request-merges since watching a
journal log should be sequential access. If read-request-merges are
low and avg request sizes too, then it's probably fragmentation.

I'll be happy to provide a few patches for you to try trying to
address that, if you're willing to rebuild and test.

Or better yet. Send me the journal file somehow?

That way I can test myself.

Thanks a lot for your efforts but unfortunately I had removed that
useless journal stuff already.
Actually I also don't really believe that you could accelerate it by
factor 1000 to make it at least a bit more useful. Maybe it's this
hopeless looking situation why upstream does not "want" to fix that,
instead telling us that our needs or hardware is wrong.

cu,
Rudi