Re: [opensuse-factory] No more acroread? [WAS: Requesting people to test RC1 of RC2 or whatever]
On Tue, Nov 5, 2013 at 5:01 PM, Ruediger Meier <sweet_f_a@xxxxxx> wrote:

Hm, personally I don't use acroread. Nevertheless I think it shouldn't
have been removed because we know it's still needed for many cases.

Just add it again, don't install per default, warn the user that it's
broken and unmaintained. Maybe remove it from DVD but keep it in
non-oss repo.
For me it makes no sense to remove it completely just to tell everybody
that they should download the same manually...

BTW what about the update scenario? Will it be removed when upgrading to
13.1? I guess not - so the broken acroread issue is probably not fixed
on upgrade anyway. And if our acroread scruples would be really honest
then we would need to remove it from 12.x too via zypper patch.

Yes, +1 on these proposals.

--
Jon