Re: [opensuse-factory] No more acroread?
On Tue, Nov 5, 2013 at 6:10 PM, Carlos E. R.
<robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 2013-11-05 22:01, Claudio Freire wrote:
On Tue, Nov 5, 2013 at 5:56 PM, Carlos E. R. <> wrote:

For tax, complain to the government. No government should ever require
all tax payers to BUY software.

And they don't, acroread was gratis.

They should always allow you to fill out a hardcopy in manuscript and
fax it over or something like that.

Oh, yes, you can do that. But we are in the computer age.

And complain, because complaining is the right thing to do. Force them
to consider open access to the tools needed to PAY TAXES.

PDFs were considered open, because they could be handled on any
platform. What they understand for open, that is.

Well... was being the operative word.

Previously, they used special software that only worked in Windows (or
plain paper), so PDFs were an advance.

Maybe. But PDFs with forms? They're an abomination. HTML is for forms.

And that's probably why okular and evince have a hard time dealing
with them. They used to think they were rendering *documents*, now
they have forms and code, it's way out of their scope. Though,
Okular's page does say they're working on it. This move from Adobe
will only push them to go faster. I suggest you open your issues on
their bug tracker, to put some visibility on it.