Re: [opensuse-factory] Secure Boot 13.1 RC2
On Tue, 05 Nov 2013 11:10:53 +0100
Günther J. Niederwimmer <gjn@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello,

can any tell me, is it possible to Install with active secure boot?

On my system ASUS P8C WS it is not :(.

I have installed a W8 on this system, with secure boot.

With active secure boot it is not possible to start a uEFI
Installation from DVD, when it is possible the Installation is
starting in "normal" Mode.

With deactivatet Secure Boot it is possible to install in uEFI Mode.
When I activate secure Boot after the Installation in the oS the
system is nerer starting.

Only when I deactivate Secure Boot in the Bios, oS is starting again
in uEFI mode.

Combined net installation iso started from USB stick + some tweaks from
http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:UEFI worked for me on my Dell.

Installation was successful in UEFI with SecureBoot. Although I do
not remember whether I disabled SecureBoot first, installed openSUSE
with SecureBoot support and then re-enable it or just installed with
SecureBoot on, but I guess the latter.

HTH

--
Best Regards,