Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: "What the udevmountd"
On 05.11.2013 06:04, Jan Engelhardt wrote:

On Monday 2013-11-04 10:34, Stephan Kulow wrote:
so doing `zypper dup` just got me a new package "udevmountd" installed
[...]But what on earth is this, and what do we need it for? There is
no manpage or anything for it.

It's obsolete as we've moved to systemd. Old udev without systemd
required it for mounting iSCSI devices; with the move to systemd
this is done automatically via systemd.

It was split from sysconfig and requires it to make the split have as
less impact as possible, but I guess the require can be dropped indeed.

Why was it split? It does not seem to have any big runtime dependencies.
Indeed me moved to systemd—why do we ship it in the first place?

Jan, can it happen you confuse sysconfig with sysvinit?

But let me introduce you to the joys of rpm -q --changelog udevmountd:

* Fr Aug 16 2013 mt@xxxxxxx
- version 0.81.0
- Initial sysconfig split into udevmountd, sysconfig, -netconfig
and -network packages, to allow another implementation of the
/etc/init.d/network and /sbin/ifup scripts.

Greetings, Stephan