Re: [opensuse-factory] Requesting people to test RC1 of RC2 or whatever
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2013 20:16:09 +0100
Jos Poortvliet wrote:

On Sunday 03 November 2013 17:04:09 Basil Chupin wrote:
A general question, and a whinge, about being asked to test a release
of something like RC2 of oS.

When such a request is made, what exactly is being asked of the user?

I worked hard to try and answer that question:
http://news.opensuse.org/?p=16783

If that article is not helpful to you, please tell me how I can
improve it.

I think testing of the changed network interface naming might be useful.
If you upgrade, there's no change, but new installations will see some
pretty odd names (to people who aren't used to them). In the past,
many assumptions have been made based on the name of the interface, all
of those have been invalidated.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (10.1°C)