Re: [opensuse-factory] YaST Software Management exits after package installation
On 11/04/2013 04:49 PM, Martin Schlander wrote:
Mandag den 4. november 2013 17:40:29 skrev Basil Chupin:
On 04/11/13 16:05, Rajko wrote:
I had a problem with YaST Software Management that was closing after
package(s) installation.
Some anal-retentive, or -retentives, decided that "close" it should be
and s/he/it will not move from this idiotic position.

You want something intelligent then do the editing yourself and change
the setting to, "summary" because the anal-retentive(s) will not.

Yes, it's a very bad default.

The historical reason was that previously some pop-up would appear and steal
focus when YaST was done installing stuff, and some people complained about
that, so YaST was made to close when done.

Nowadays with the summary or restart options, the original "problem" with the
pop-up no longer exists, but we're still stuck with the bad default.

Have you tried yast-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxx?

BTW, It's just a sysconfig entry so the community can tell what they want to have as a default. After that, a product RPM should adjust the sysconfig entry, not Yast itself. Yast behaves according to that settings. It's hard to satisfy everyone with the same default.

Bye
Lukas

--

Lukas Ocilka, Cloud & Systems Management Department
SUSE LINUX s.r.o., Praha