Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: "What the udevmountd"
On 04.11.2013 08:18, Hannes Reinecke wrote:
On 11/04/2013 01:17 AM, Jan Engelhardt wrote:
Hi,

so doing `zypper dup` just got me a new package "udevmountd" installed
in the Factory du jour. Apparently it comes from sysconfig rather than
systemd. But what on earth is this, and what do we need it for? There is
no manpage or anything for it.

It's obsolete as we've moved to systemd. Old udev without systemd
required it for mounting iSCSI devices; with the move to systemd
this is done automatically via systemd.

It was split from sysconfig and requires it to make the split have as
less impact as possible, but I guess the require can be dropped indeed.

Greetings, Stephan