Re: [opensuse-factory] journalctl very slow
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 03 Nov 2013 21:05:47 +0100
Greg KH wrote:

On Sat, Nov 02, 2013 at 08:52:33PM +0100, Per Jessen wrote:
Greg KH wrote:

On Sat, Nov 02, 2013 at 07:01:03PM +0100, Ruediger Meier wrote:
[snip]
There is already a distribution (Fedora) which is testing all this
alpha software. They have never cared about compatibility or the
upgrade scenario - that's ok because you know that. Why openSUSE
does not just wait until at least one distribution exists where
all this funny freedesktop stuff works as it's supposed too work?

It works just fine for me here, on three other distros who have
been
shipping it for a long time (Fedora and Arch and Gentoo). If you
really hate this type of thing, and don't want progress, there's
always Slackware. As it is, openSUSE is already playing catch-up
with those distros, how far behind do you want to see us be?

Playing catch-up is fine with me, trailing edge is a much safer place
to be. Anyway, what does our mission statement say?

"Have a lot of fun..."

Haha, good point! That's not the whole answer though. One of these days
we ought to address that question thoroughly.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (7.4°C)