Re: [opensuse-factory] journalctl very slow
  • From: Claudio Freire <klaussfreire@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2013 16:55:03 -0200
On Sun, Nov 3, 2013 at 3:42 PM, Claudio Freire <klaussfreire@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I suggest monitorion I/O with iostat to see what the issue is. There
should be a lot of read-request-merges since watching a journal log
should be sequential access. If read-request-merges are low and avg
request sizes too, then it's probably fragmentation.

I'll be happy to provide a few patches for you to try trying to
address that, if you're willing to rebuild and test.

Or better yet. Send me the journal file somehow?

That way I can test myself.