Re: [opensuse-factory] Requesting people to test RC1 of RC2 or whatever
Hello,

Am Sonntag, 3. November 2013 schrieb Carlos E. R.:
On 2013-11-03 13:38, Basil Chupin wrote:
On 03/11/13 23:04, Carlos E. R. wrote:
People with Nvidia cards either fail all the tests, or have to
install it "the hard way"...

Sorry, Carlos, I don't understand what you are trying to say here.

That the Nvidia driver is not available as rpm till after release.

I'm not complaining, just stating a fact.

You can build it yourself in the "official" way easily:

osc co X11:Drivers:Video nvidia-gfx$version
($version has to match your graphics card - if in doubt, check what you
had on 12.3 or check the %description in the spec file)

Then follow the README in the checked out directory - basically you have
to run "fetch.sh" and then two "osc build" commands.

AFAIK Stefan will submit the "official" packages to the nvidia repo
after his vacation, which means in about 3 weeks.

That said - the nvidia-gfx02 driver causes an X segfault for me since
the factory update on 2013-10-30. I didn't change the kernel or the
nvidia driver around this time, so it must be another change in Factory
that causes this. (There's no bugreport about it yet, but I mailed
Stefan my Xorg.0.log while discussing some other questions around the
nvidia driver, and wait for his response.)
In the meantime, I'm using nouveau ;-)

Regards,

Christian Boltz
--
Die Jungs von FreePascal portieren zur Zeit auf alles was
nach Prozessor aussieht oder Prozessor im Namen hat ;-)