Re: [opensuse-factory] Requesting people to test RC1 of RC2 or whatever
El 03/11/13 03:04, Basil Chupin escribió:
A general question, and a whinge, about being asked to test a release of
something like RC2 of oS.

When such a request is made, what exactly is being asked of the user?

I mean, how is it possible to test, for example, something like vlc,
which is something essential to my needs, when not all of the
dependencies can be satisfied?

I don't know what are you talking about, vlc works just fine.

Or how can I try out some of the games when the GAMES repo in YaST is
unavailable?

The games repo is not part of the distribution, we are asking people to test what is included in the official release.

Fixing that repo should be a matter of just adding a new build target.

13.1 is now 5 days (my time/date) away from being GM - but not all the
repos are available which will contain the final files for GA. Why
aren't they available for activation in YaST in RC2?

Because nobody has enabled build for them.

--
"Judging by their response, the meanest thing you can do to people on the Internet is to give them really good software for free". - Anil Dash