Re: [opensuse-factory] journalctl very slow
On Sat, Nov 02, 2013 at 10:36:38PM +0100, Stefan Seyfried wrote:
Am 02.11.2013 20:00, schrieb Greg KH:
On Sat, Nov 02, 2013 at 07:06:35PM +0100, Stefan Seyfried wrote:

If I were to guess, I'd vote it's just horribly fragmenting the files:
shake -vvv shows thousands of fragments, probably due to lots of holes
in the database files.

What filesystem are you using? What is the % used of that partition?

ext3 and ext4, between 50% to 90% full.

Ok, that helps, both of these, when things start to get full start
thrashing in well-known ways to find free blocks.

thanks,

greg k-h