Re: [opensuse-factory] journalctl very slow
On Sat, Nov 02, 2013 at 08:52:33PM +0100, Per Jessen wrote:
Greg KH wrote:

On Sat, Nov 02, 2013 at 07:01:03PM +0100, Ruediger Meier wrote:
[snip]
There is already a distribution (Fedora) which is testing all this
alpha software. They have never cared about compatibility or the
upgrade scenario - that's ok because you know that. Why openSUSE does
not just wait until at least one distribution exists where all this
funny freedesktop stuff works as it's supposed too work?

It works just fine for me here, on three other distros who have been
shipping it for a long time (Fedora and Arch and Gentoo). If you
really hate this type of thing, and don't want progress, there's
always Slackware. As it is, openSUSE is already playing catch-up with
those distros, how far behind do you want to see us be?

Playing catch-up is fine with me, trailing edge is a much safer place to
be. Anyway, what does our mission statement say?

"Have a lot of fun..."