Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: journalctl very slow
El 02/11/13 00:25, Andrey Borzenkov escribió:

The question was "why it became default when it had obvious problems";
do not pretend you do not see the difference. It is not about
development of code, it is about selecting distribution default
behavior.

Last time I did a clean installation, package systemd-logger was not installed by default (neither is listed to be installed in current opensuse-patterns) therefore no persistent journal, nothing gets written to /var/log/journal..(directory absent) and I had to remove rsyslog in order to only use the journal. (they conflict with each other)

zypper in rsyslog
Reading installed packages...
Resolving package dependencies...

Problem: systemd-logger-208-6.1.x86_64 conflicts with namespace:otherproviders(syslog) provided by rsyslog-7.4.4-2.1.2.x86_64
Solution 1: deinstallation of systemd-logger-208-6.1.x86_64
Solution 2: do not install rsyslog-7.4.4-2.1.2.x86_64

(this is technically wrong but well..)

If this has changed somehow.. I do not know..

--
"Judging by their response, the meanest thing you can do to people on the Internet is to give them really good software for free". - Anil Dash