Re: [opensuse-factory] journalctl very slow
Am 01.11.2013 12:26, schrieb Ruediger Meier:
Hi,

I'am trying to watch the logs but it's a bit too slow.

journalctl

is running since 8 hours now and it has printed only 120MB text yet.
That's only 4K/s. Is this normal?

Let me guess: journal on a normal (non-ssd) disk?

Obviously it is not designed for such outdated hardware ;-)
The file fragmentation of the journal files and the performance of the
"database" is absolutely totally horrible.
It gets slightly better once you dedicate a fast SSD to the journal ;)
--
Stefan Seyfried
"If your lighter runs out of fluid or flint and stops making