[opensuse-factory] Release Notes addenum for logging [Was Re: journalctl very slow]
On Fri, 1 Nov 2013 17:43, Cristian Rodríguez <crrodriguez@...> wrote:

El 01/11/13 13:02, Ruediger Meier escribió:
On Friday 01 November 2013, Cristian Rodríguez wrote:

How could this journald logging daemon got released and (used in
openSUSE per default) if it's not possible to view the logs at all?

The logs can be viewed, it is just slow with non-SSD drives.. it has to be used by default because it is mandatory ! I have explained this I do not know how many times.

Could we put a short info on that (journald slow with non-SSD drives) and
the "should have" package rsyslog or similar for server use into the
Release Notes, for the search term "logging" ?

I have rsyslog installed but I've been told to watch the journal to
debug initrd problems. But this is actually not possible.

ALL messages that the journal captures are forwarded to the syslog implementation if installed.

Also well worth mentioning, see above.

- Yamaban