[opensuse-factory] Re: journalctl very slow
On Fri, 1 Nov 2013 16:18, Cristian Rodríguez <crrodriguez@...> wrote:

El 01/11/13 08:26, Ruediger Meier escribió:
Hi,
> I'am trying to watch the logs but it's a bit too slow.

Well Known issue, no solution for now. and if I were you I won't be holding my breath for one to be provided anytime soon. (last discussed in early Oct @systemd-devel thread title Fwd: Journalctl performance)

This happens almost exclusively when the journal is stored in rotating media.

If this bothers you, just set Storage=volatile in in /etc/systemd/journal.conf and if you need to retain the
logs for more than the current boot, install rsyslog.

Niggle: isn't that /etc/systemd/journald.conf ?
Also, see: man 5 journald.conf

But, yes, clear upstream trouble, that is: ignored by those in charge,
sounds of '... rotating media are a dying type ...' where made, when
asked on the topic during a Linux conf earlier this year.

Do not hope for a solution from the systemd / journald side, install
a full 'traditional' syslog.

- Yamaban.