Re: [opensuse-factory] 13.1 - why network eth0 is named instead ens33?
El 28/09/13 15:49, Lew Wolfgang escribió:

How would one make reference to the third Ethernet interface in a
box that has five? You have to call it something, and changing the
name without good reason sounds like something for-profit operating
systems would do.

Or, are you saying that we should never need to refer to a network
interface
by name?

No, I am not. what I'm trying to say is that there must be a simple way
to determine the needed interface name dynamically.

Or am I missing something?

YEs, please read this
http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/PredictableNetworkInterfaceNames/
carrefully, particulary the "WHY?" section.

--
"If debugging is the process of removing bugs, then programming must be
the process of putting them in." - Edsger Dijkstra