Re: [opensuse-factory] BtrFS as default fs?
On 09/27/2013 06:33 PM, Carlos E. R. wrote:

On Thursday, 2013-09-05 at 11:42 +0200, Stephan Kulow wrote:
On 04.09.2013 09:59, Stephan Kulow wrote:
On 03.09.2013 16:32, Jeff Mahoney wrote:
So, I'd like to propose that we use btrfs as the default file
system for the 13.1 release before we release the first beta.

Sorry, but if you read the roadmap more carefully, you see that
we're way past the time to change important details as that. For
convenience I include a pointer:
http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Roadmap

You're free to offer your help to the marketing team to promote
btrfs as perfect choice for experienced users and we switch early
for 13.2. That's the best I'm willing to offer.

At the moment you can't even install factory with btfs as default
because of bugs as bnc#835695

Btrfs is really young ;(

I thought the decision was not to make btrfs the default this time.
However, when installing 13.1, YaST asks to make btrfs the default choice.

This is confusing. :-?

I think the pop up was added to get more people to test btrfs.

--
Cheers!

Roman