Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: BtrFS as default fs?
  • From: Michal Kubeček <mkubecek@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 11:21:27 +0200
On Tuesday 10 of September 2013 12:16EN, Robert Schweikert wrote:

In the end I think the "granny question" is valid.

If we make btrfs the default for 13.1, will granny run into any
issues?

Does the drive fill up because of created snapshots?

As I have written in the beginning, we should distinguish between two
completely different question:

1. should btrfs be default filesystem?
2. should default configuration automatically create snapshots
(periodically or on every update)?

I still think yes to 1 doesn't automatically mean yes to 2. And while
I'm not strictly against 1 (even if I'm still probably not going to use
btrfs for my data for some time), I would consider 2 bad idea - about as
bad as when some time ago "zypper ar" used --keep-packages by default.

Michal Kubeček