Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: [opensuse-kernel] BtrFS as default fs?

On Friday 2013-09-06 16:17, Matthias G. Eckermann wrote:
On 2013-09-06 T 09:51 +0200 Dirk Müller wrote:

[...] what would be the personal reason for _me_ to
switch or for the intended target group of openSUSE in
general? [...] What are the alternatives to btrfs? How
does it meet the majority of requirements better than
the current default choice?

Besides Scalability there are other attributes where btrfs exceeds
other filesystems. See various comparison tables out there,
including the one in my blog from three years ago (yes, it's a bit
dated):
https://www.suse.com/communities/conversations/data-is-customers-gold/

Since somewhat-dated data seems to be popular, here is another:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FegjLbCnoBw

in this talk, David Chinner showed at LCA 2012 that btrfs was
rather non-scaling (for the features it shares with existing
filesystems, IOW, just vanilla storing).