[opensuse-factory] Re: [opensuse-kernel] BtrFS as default fs?
El 03/09/13 13:26, Jeff Mahoney escribió:

Your approach is favoring the experienced user over the inexperienced
user, which can be reasonable especially if that's where we want to
focus as a project. But it's dangerous when you also suggest a
completely unintuitive method of informing the user. Nobody checks the
log after successfully mounting a file system to see if there were any
warnings. Documenting that in the release notes as a "best practice"
isn't going to fly either.

Ok, Jeff, since I am a reasonable person I will concede that your
argument is reasonable and workable.

I still do not like the idea of SUSE specific parameter but there are
much bigger fish to catch around to continue this argument.

Just some questions:

- How and who will determine what it is stable/production-ready?

- How will you deal with the parameter going away ? I ask because the
kernel moves at the pace of a cheetah and YAST like a old turtle.
suggesting that a configuration option has to be added to YAST turns a
kernel implementation detail into an userspace interface. does parameter
stays forever as as no-op when everything becomes "stable" ?