Re: [opensuse-factory] BtrFS as default fs?
CAN WE PLEASE KEEP ALL REPLIES ON THE LIST ONLY (NO PM REPLIES). MULTIPLE COPIES ARE NOT NEEDED!

On 09/03/2013 06:55 PM, Claudio Freire pecked at the keyboard and wrote:
On Tue, Sep 3, 2013 at 7:41 PM, Jon Nelson <jnelson-suse@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Please do not take my comments here to mean that I don't immensely
appreciate the work done by you and many others, but I believe it is
not unreasonable to say that we probably disagree as to whether or not
btrfs is stable enough to be made the default filesystem.

Also, consider the target audience of default filesystems.

These aren't for the power users, which will consciously pick the
filesystem they like best. Default filesystems are for the granny and
the newbie, those that cannot and will not fix low-level filesystem
issues.

I haven't used BtrFS recently, but unless it's granny-proof, I'd think
twice before making it default.

--
Ken Schneider
SuSe since Version 5.2, June 1998