[opensuse-factory] Re: [opensuse-kernel] BtrFS as default fs?
On Tue, Sep 03, 2013 at 10:32:48AM -0400, Jeff Mahoney wrote:
Hi all -

Last month I posted queries to this list (and several other locations,
including the forums) asking about people's experiences with btrfs. For
the most part it seemed like the experience had improved over time. Most
of the concerns were either with interactions with zypper or old
perceptions of instability that were based more on old impressions than
new testing. With the exception of an ENOSPC issue that had been
recently fixed, users actively using the file system seemed pretty
satisfied with it.

I posted a followup question a week or two later asking what people
thought about limiting the 'supported' feature set in the way we do in
SLES so that it's clear to all users which parts of the file system are
considered stable.

A quick table of what that looks like:

Supported Unsupported
--------- -----------
Snapshots Inode cache
Copy-on-Write Auto Defrag
Subvolumes RAID
Metadata Integrity Compression
Data Integrity Send / Receive
Online metadata scrubbing Hot add/remove
Manual defrag Seeding devices
Manual deduplication (soon) Multiple devices
"Big" Metadata (supported read-only)

What about quota groups?

Regards,
Arvin