Re: [opensuse-factory] BtrFS as default fs?
On Tue, Sep 03, Jeff Mahoney wrote:

Supported Unsupported
--------- -----------
Snapshots Inode cache

In the past the snapshots were enabled automatically. I once installed a
VM with just a 20G disk and soon this small disk was filled up after
some zypper patch/dup calls. It was not immediately obvious why the root
filesystem ran out of space. Google pointed to snapper and somehow I
managed to remove the (unwanted) snapshots.

Unless the snapshot handling has improved to not suddenly fillup the
disk during ordinary usage I suggest to disable them per default. Maybe
add a big red button in the installer proposal to easily enable/disable
them.

Up to now it was easy to install a system/VM by just clicking
Next/Next/+ and get system that continues to work without further
interaction. With enabled snapshots this experience would break.

Olaf