Re: [opensuse-factory] BtrFS as default fs?
Am 03.09.2013 16:44, schrieb Jeff Mahoney:

Maybe some "trigger" trick should be added when upgrading to the "kernel
with unsupported flag", creating a drop-in file in /etc/modprobe.d when
unsupported flags are detected in /etc/fstab and displaying a warning
(and a link to a webpage giving hints on how to revert to a supported
configuration).

Yeah, this is definitely doable. Can we get the YaST team on board with
adding that notification and support?

Wouldn't it be enough to have the kernel panic with a descriptive
message when the allow_unsupported is needed for the rootfs but not set?

Seems less work :-)

And I personally don't like auto-enabling of "dangerous" features
without my interaction. But that's just my opinion.

--
Stefan Seyfried
"If your lighter runs out of fluid or flint and stops making