Re: [opensuse-factory] BlueZ 5
Hi all,

looking at where GNOME 3.10 is heading, we discuss as much as there is
need for: but in the end, GNOME 3.10 will depend on BlueZ5;

As such, it's much better for us to switch sooner than later; and
Raymond is doing the best job there is to get KDE in line with these
requirements as well.

So, I would really recommend that we bite the bullet and push BlueZ5 to
Factory ASAP!

OK, I will have AL Cho to work on asap.

Al: did you already have some time here? How is it progressing?

The good thing: we won't be alone with this: Fedora 20 will have the
same setup. So we can surely profit from each other there.

Yes, I know F20 will apply on Bluez5.

Based on that: let's not invent all solutions ourselves; a lot of the issues have been fixed 'for us' already.

If we stay with Bluez4, then we have to be aware that for GNOME this
might or might not work; surely, upstream support will not be given in
this case. If you're planning to such tricks for SLE, I urge you to
rethink such a plan.

Yes, this is why SLE12 ( not only the kernel team but also both desktop and L3 maintenance teams support ) go on Bluez5

Alignment is good.. let's make best use of it. And glad to see we talk in the same direction.

Again, for openSUSE: BlueZ5 is mainly ready, the 'legacy API' needs to
be enabled (which is done by Seife) and the stuff relying on the DBUS
interface needs to be made aware of the new interface (not backwards
compatible). It's a one-time pain we have to take now; or we split the
pain over two releases.

Understood, since AL and I are at prague for conference and we will be back to office at Wed, I will have him to link and sync with you guys

Very thanks of you and Raymond,

I am currently running bluez5 with a PulseAudio snapshot on my system. Seems to work 'ok' so far, but I only have very limited BT devices to perform any tests with.

Dominique