Re: [opensuse-factory] Hibernation/suspend with systemd - documented? Where?
On 2013-06-06 07:53, Cristian Rodríguez wrote:
That means there is a bug somewhere, I'm pretty sure I am correct in my
assesment, or better said
correct in my expectatives on how things should work.

A quick look reveals the bug is that "pm-utils" does not require "suspend" to
be installed even
though It may call s2ram or s2disk,

I can report that bug.

But you see, my machine appeared to hibernate, and it powered down at the end. The symptom that I saw was that it failed to restore, something was wrong in the image, not that it failed to hibernate. As the kernel does not stop when the swap image fails, I could not read the messages. Only if the process is slow I can see the percent of image saved/restored.

pm-hibernate was present and appeared to work.

Unloading ACPI modules is also not a solution (where people get this ideas?)

If it works... who are we to argue? :-)

Can any of the OP test if the respective machines suspend/hibernate correctly
*without* the package
"pm-utils" installed ?

Sure. This is a test setup.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from oS 12.3 "Dartmouth" GM (rescate 1))