Re: [opensuse-factory] Hibernation/suspend with systemd - documented? Where?
On 2013-06-06 03:26, Cristian Rodríguez wrote:
El 05/06/13 20:51, Carlos E. R. escribió:

Yes, checking files I see that package pm-utils is installed, but
package suspend is not.

Neither should be/must be required (that's the reason it is not installed) your
system should be
capable of hibernating/suspending without any of those legacy/obsolete hacks.

It is indeed absolutely necessary. I installed the package. I saw that it run mkinitrd (because it also added libply2, libply-splash-core2, and libply-boot-client2, I guess). I rebooted, to apply the changes. Then I hibernated from text mode - it worked. I run "init 5" then, answered one email, hibernated, restored fine, and here I am, writing to you again :-)

So that package is indeed needed for a successful hibernation :-)

I solved my problem and I can consider upgrading my work system 12.1 to 12.3
with real chances.
Be happy. :-))

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from oS 12.3 "Dartmouth" GM (rescate 1))