[opensuse-factory] Re: Very slow loading of kernel/initrd with os12.3
On Thursday 2013-03-07 18:18, Linda Walsh wrote:

Jan Engelhardt wrote:
On Wednesday 2013-03-06 07:52, Linda Walsh wrote:

Joschi Brauchle wrote:

Hm, well then I guess there is nothing to be done about this delay?
Is grub2 any faster than grub loading the initrd?
---
Using lilo and booting from disk avoids initrd all together.
My kernel finishes mounting the file systems and going to
the rc3 scripts in ...

The time window in question is the one before the kernel runs. The rest
is irrelevant.

----
The time before?... you mean after the boot menu and first kernel
output?

Yeah precisely.