[opensuse-factory] Re: Very slow loading of kernel/initrd with os12.3
Jan Engelhardt wrote:
On Wednesday 2013-03-06 07:52, Linda Walsh wrote:

Joschi Brauchle wrote:

Hm, well then I guess there is nothing to be done about this delay?
Is grub2 any faster than grub loading the initrd?
---
Using lilo and booting from disk avoids initrd all together.
My kernel finishes mounting the file systems and going to
the rc3 scripts in ...

The time window in question is the one before the kernel runs. The rest
is irrelevant.

----
The time before?... you mean after the boot menu and first kernel
output? But that's less than 1 second .. maybe a half?

I also just found out that they 15 sec, was a time for complete boot--
since the other output on tty was intermixed -- only in the log is
it serialized ...

I saw it take nearly 25 seconds, later, due to a long scan in rpmconfigcheck...