Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: Tumbleweed virtual terminals (tty1-6)
  • From: Andrey Borzenkov <arvidjaar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2013 12:39:31 +0400
On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 12:32 PM, Frederic Crozat <fcrozat@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Le mercredi 06 mars 2013 à 22:33 +0400, Andrey Borzenkov a écrit :
В Wed, 06 Mar 2013 10:35:58 +0100
Frederic Crozat <fcrozat@xxxxxxxx> пишет:

Le mercredi 06 mars 2013 à 10:15 +0100, Achim Gratz a écrit :
Achim Gratz writes:
Done. BTW, since I'm still suspecting that this problem is an
interaction with plymouth, is there any way to decativate plymouth
completely or even deinstall it (I've never configured it to show any
splash screens anyway)?

After wading to dozens of complaints that plymouth would not work, I've
finally found the posting that told me the kernel line parameter was
"noplymouth", not "plymouth=no" as I had been trying. So I've now added
"nosplash noplymouth" to all my kernel lines.

Which is incorrect.

To disable plymouth, use "plymouth.enable=0"

Removing "splash=..." from kernel command line pretty much does it for
me.

There is a difference : unless you specify plymouth.enable=0 (or
rd.plymouth.enable=0 but this will only prevent plymouth to start in
initrd, it will be then started by systemd), plymouth will be be running
and will handle the output to screen (even in text mode).

Thank you for clarification. My last serious stab at plymouth hacking
was two years ago, so I mostly forgot those subtleties.