Re: [opensuse-factory] Plymouth disable (was: Tumbleweed virt...)
On 2013-03-06 22:33 (GMT+0400) Andrey Borzenkov composed:

> finally found the posting that told me the kernel line parameter was
> "noplymouth", not "plymouth=no" as I had been trying. So I've now added
> "nosplash noplymouth" to all my kernel lines.

Which is incorrect.

To disable plymouth, use "plymouth.enable=0"

Removing "splash=..." from kernel command line pretty much does it for me.

Interesting. All my Grub stanzas omit quiet and include either splash=0 or splash=verbose, and I see no evidence of Plymouth's existence at boot time.

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/