[opensuse-factory] Re: Tumbleweed virtual terminals (tty1-6)
  • From: Achim Gratz <Stromeko@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2013 10:15:15 +0100
Achim Gratz writes:
Done. BTW, since I'm still suspecting that this problem is an
interaction with plymouth, is there any way to decativate plymouth
completely or even deinstall it (I've never configured it to show any
splash screens anyway)?

After wading to dozens of complaints that plymouth would not work, I've
finally found the posting that told me the kernel line parameter was
"noplymouth", not "plymouth=no" as I had been trying. So I've now added
"nosplash noplymouth" to all my kernel lines.

The bug with kdm is still there and it seems to depend on the fact that
kdm now starts on the same vt that shows the (end of) the boot messages
rather than switching to a new vt when starting. Let's wait for the
server patch to filter into Tumbleweed…

Regards,
Achim.