Re: [opensuse-factory] Questions re Tumbleweed
On 06/03/13 01:39, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
On 06/03/13 01:21, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
Sorry, I don't understand, Patrick, what are these Tumbleweed repos?
Where are they to be found?
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/KDE:/Extra/openSUSE_Tumbleweed/
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/Printing/openSUSE_Tumbleweed/
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/LibreOffice:/Stable/openSUSE_Tumbleweed/
Ah, so there are these hidden from view repos :-) .
I don't understand "hidden". They are in plain sight, displayed the same
as other "versions", 12.1, 12.2, ....

Well, you don't see them until you go thru each and every repo to see if TW is listed there, which is what I meant.

BTW, by going thru each repo I found another one which you don't have listed above:

......./repositories/games/openSUSE_Tumbleweed

Is there is a list of all such repos for TW somewhere or are these the only
ones?
Not to my knowledge, also not for 12.1/12.2/12.3/Factory/...

If there is a particular thing you where have interest, look at the repo
web page and see if Tw is available or search the package indexes at
http://software.opensuse.org/search

I haven't looked as yet at the "repo web page" you mention above but I would have expected all this information to be included in the Tumbleweed Portal.

(BTW, the Portal info is not correct. For example, the "1-click install" doesn't work, and the instructions on how to create the repos don't work - I had to manually create them in YaST2 Software Management.)

usual warning: straying from the beaten path may cause inconsistencies.
possible correction: remove last added repo and do "zypper -v dup"
I do: on adding a single repo, do "zypper -v dup --from <new-repo>" and
see what changes are proposed before committing. You do not always get
what you want!

Again, many thanks! This info is most valuable and I have written it into my "little black book" for future reference :-) . Thanks.

BC

--
Using openSUSE 12.3 x86_64 KDE 4.10.00 & kernel 3.8.2-1 on a system with-
AMD FX 8-core 3.6/4.2GHz processor