Re: [opensuse-factory] Does anyone understand or even use KDE activities?
  • From: todd rme <toddrme2178@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2013 22:25:54 +0100
On Tue, Mar 5, 2013 at 6:45 PM, Felix Miata <mrmazda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 2013-03-05 18:33 (GMT+0100) Martin Schlander composed:

Activities are not hard to understand, it's just different desktops.

Virtual desktops == multiple *identical* desktops

??? All 8 of my virtual desktops have different wallpaper and different
app(s) open. This is identical?

So far things you can associate with your activities besides just windows:

1. widgets
2. Files and directories
3. Power profiles

The timeline may also be activity aware, but I'm not sure about that.

I am seeing a lot of commits regarding activities coming down right
now. It looks like for 4.11 pretty much all the KDE edu project
applications will be activity-aware, for example. But even for 4.11
they do have additional capabilities not present in ordinary virtual
desktops.