Re: [opensuse-factory] Very slow loading of kernel/initrd with os12.3

On Monday 2013-03-04 17:54, Joschi Brauchle wrote:
Compare the sizes, I'm pretty sure this will shed some light on the issue.

Yep, your right. In our configuration, the initrd of
11.4 is 11MB
12.2 is 17MB
12.3 is 32MB

Depends on which one you look at. But what is evident is that the installer
initrd is 34 MB, 4-10x the size of the one generated for a running system,
because it carries a lot of modules and part of the installer.