Re: [opensuse-factory] Problems with VMware-Workstation
On 03/01/2013 05:01 PM, Jan Engelhardt wrote:
On Friday 2013-03-01 13:46, James PEARSON wrote:
kernel-desktop-devel-3.7.9-1.1.2.x86_64 is installed
but /lib/modules/3.7.9-1.1-desktop/build/include/linux/version.h does not exist
in the same
place as on V12.2

Has the "linux/version.h" changed directories
Yes it did change location. But - every PROPER kernel module source
compiles as it did before. And compared to the Nvidia source crap,
VMware is actually passable. Well, that is an understatement: the vmware
modules, they need no fiddling at all.

If you do however get some version.h related error notice even if you
have made sure you have the kernel-devel packages (it looks like you
do), it must be some kind of higher-level program that tells you about
it, because the compile procedure itself works flawlessy:

I use vmware player. There I need the following trick to get vmware modules compiled:

cd /lib/modules/`uname -r`/build/include
ln -s generated/uapi/linux .

And then when I start vmware player, it will correctly find linux/version.h and compile the kernel modules.
Bye,
CzP