Re: [opensuse-factory] 12.3 -- if it isn't too late....
On 04/03/13 19:18, Stefan Seyfried wrote:
Am 04.03.2013 05:32, schrieb Basil Chupin:

So, both make and gcc are important.

Hell, what degree of difficulty is there to add a 358Kb and a 4Kb file
for make and gcc, respectively, to the default install list?
Oh, I'd like to have kernel-debuginfo and crash in the default install list.
I often use them, they are important, so they should be default.

(and kdumptool already can send email ;-)

Methinks that this is taking it a bit too far. make and gcc are required to be able to compile the nvidia driver to be able to get a decent picture on the screen as well as to be able to get the Desktop Effects working. Fooling around with a kernel is not part of getting the oS to work correctly.

Note that programs which do require libpangox-1_0-0 through DT_NEEDED
will automatically pull it in.
Which is why I had to go into YaST and manually install it. Right :-) .
You'd better file a bug report against the packages that need libpangox
and are not requiring it properly, that would be more helpful, I gues.

I'll take a note of the program which failed to execute the next time I install whatever RC which follows RC2 because I forgot which prog failed to start yesterday :-( - there were too many things to think about at that point.

BC

--
Using openSUSE 12.2 x86_64 KDE 4.10.00 & kernel 3.8.1-2 on a system with-
AMD FX 8-core 3.6/4.2GHz processor