Re: [opensuse-factory] python-irc, python-irclib obsoletion / request to delete
  • From: Boris Manojlovic <boris@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2013 00:10:28 +0100
project files on sourceforge.org have been updated and fixed some
outstanding issues (ChangeLog)
2012-01-21
* Released 0.5.0 (last release with Python 2.5 support).
* Last update to ChangeLog that includes specific changes and dates.
Subsequent changelog entries should include high-level changes
relevant to to the version in CHANGES.

2012-01-13 Jason R. Coombs <jaraco@xxxxxxxxxx>
* Add support for periodic commands in irclib (.execute_every).
* Fix the global event handler priority bug #3165329.

2008-09-11 Keltus <keltus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
* ircbot.py: Reverted a leftover testing fragment that broke ircbot.py

and reading irc package CHANGES
* Moved functionality from irclib module to irc.client module.
* Moved functionality from ircbot module to irc.bot module.
* Retained irclib and ircbot modules for backward-compatibility. These
will be removed in 1.0.
* Renamed project to simply 'irc'.

To support the new module structure, simply replace references to the irclib
module with irc.client and ircbot module with irc.bot. This project will
support that interface through all versions of irc 1.x, so if you've made
these changes, you can safely depend on `irc >= 0.7, <2.0dev`.

So i will remove "Obsoletes:" and delete request as it is still
supported but rather old version
which i will update as soon as possible.