Re: [opensuse-factory] Tumbleweed, future directions
On Sat, 2013-03-02 at 10:29 -0800, Greg KH wrote:

As Factory is a rolling release, issues like the rebase would
disappear, but there are some issues that would need to be addressed.

The biggest one that leaps out is the issue of Tumbleweed sometimes
wanting newer versions of packages than we can put in Factory because
of Factory's current focus as 'the next release version'..

Really? When have I ever wanted a newer version in Tumblweed than is in
Factory?

Current example?
Kernel!

openSUSE:12.3 (3.7.2) (which is supposedly to be your new base) AND
openSUSE:Factory (3.7.7) have kernel 3.7, whereas Tumbleweed has Kernel
3.8 (3.8.1).

I know, for you the kernel is 'different' to the rest of the
distribution... but should it be? Anyway: this marks a current example.

Dominique