Re: [opensuse-factory] 12.3 RC2: Thunderbird excesive CPU ussage.
Am 02.03.2013 21:23, schrieb Carlos E. R.:
On 03/02/2013 04:18 PM, Wolfgang Rosenauer wrote:

Is this a bug I should report?

So this is tracker with the tracker extension visible in Thunderbird?
Then you should report a bug for that extension resp. for tracker.

I don't have that extension visible.

I speak of a setting in Advanced/General/ Enable Glocal searcher and
indexer, which is disabled.

I see now that I have an extension named "trackerbird 0.14.4" which I
don't know if it is the same as the above or not. If they are different
things I will simply remove the extension. I don't even know if it was
installed by Yast, or was inherited when reusing the home folder from
12.1 :-?

Trackerbird is the extension delivered together with tracker and in many
many cases seems to be responsible for Thunderbird slowness and memory
hogging. I'm pretty sure it's the same reason for you. Either disable
the Addon from TB or remove the package which most likely has the name
tracker-miner-thunderbird or so. It causes issues since years and I tend
to blacklist it at some point.

Wolfgang