Re: [opensuse-factory] opensuse 12.3 RC | starting LSB... and freeze
* Luis González <lgonzalezsa@xxxxxxxxx> [03-01-13 09:11]:
[...]
I'm installing the opensuse 12.3 RC and I noticed an issue before the
installation finished, and after reviewed several times I realized the
error (laptop freeze completely) occurred when starting LSB.
/var/log/messages not shown relevant info
boot.log said Failed to start Network Manager, and of course I do no
have network devices.
When a launch yast and go to Network Devices, the error occurred again
detecting devices...
systemctl status NetworkManager.service said Active: failed status = 1/FAILURE

aiui, NetworkManager wants to control your networking and visibly
complains when it is not in control, but if not using NetworkManager the
comalaint is not harmful and rather meaningless.

I have never been able to get NetworkManager to work on openSUSE on any
device and have satisfied myself using ifup/ifdown/... Watching the boot
messages, I always see notice that NetworkManager has failed but I have no
networking problems even with wifi.